This easy beef and broccoli stir fry is full of flavor! Tender beef, fresh broccoli, and a tasty sauce make this dinner recipe a winner.
A savory, delicious stir fry with tender beef and broccoli was always a favorite dish of ours when we would dine out more often. But unfortunately, stir fry style restaurants are an unsafe option for those of us with food allergies due to all the allergens on the menu.
Thankfully, you can make a quick and easy beef and broccoli stir fry at home. It’s simple to make this delicious main dish gluten free, dairy free, and soy free if necessary. This is a quick dinner that your family is sure to enjoy.
- Beef – Skirt steak or flank steak works well for stir fry recipes. You will want to slice it thin so that it cooks quickly.
- Tamari Sauce – If you’re wondering what tamari sauce is, it’s like the gluten free equivalent of soy sauce. Regular soy sauce has wheat in it, so if you want to keep this gluten free, you need to use tamari. It’s pretty easy to find in most grocery stores, or you can always order it online as well. If you can’t have soy, you can substitute coconut aminos in this recipe.
- Honey – Honey is needed to make a sweet and savory stir fry sauce. If you are out of honey, you might be able to use maple syrup in a pinch.
Soy Sauce Substitute
If you have a soy allergy, soy sauce or tamari sauce is not going to work for you! Thankfully, there are some delicious soy free alternatives to soy sauce.
One brand to check out is Coconut Secret. They make coconut aminos, which works very well in place of soy sauce. They also have a variety of sauces and marinades that are really tasty.
There are other brands of coconut aminos, but I have not tried any of those.
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook the thinly sliced beef and onions in a large skillet until the beef is cooked through.
- Stir in the broccoli florets.
- Whisk together the tamari sauce or coconut aminos, honey, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes if using.
- Add the sauce to the pan and stir. Cook over low heat until the broccoli is tender but still bright green.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
Try making this stir fry with chicken breasts or pork. You can also use different vegetables, like thinly sliced red peppers, pea pods, or green beans.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Gluten Free Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry.
- Slice the skirt steak very thin. and place in a large skillet.
- In a large skillet, cook the sliced beef over medium heat. Stir often and cook until it is done, probably about eight to ten minutes.
- Drain the grease from the pan if there is any. Add the broccoli florets and stir.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, tamari sauce or coconut aminos, red pepper flakes, and the garlic powder. Add to the pan and stir.
- Cook over low heat until the broccoli is tender but still nice and green.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice. Top with more red pepper flakes if desired.