A delicious and simple beef and broccoli stir fry recipe that will have you coming back for more!
Do you ever think about what your cravings mean? Not like, “I’m craving a million chocolate chip cookies or ice cream and peanut butter cups,” haha…but if you are really craving veggies, or nuts, or beef. I feel like we crave what we need, and I am always trying to figure out what my body is telling me. Recently I have absolutely HAD to have beef, and broccoli, and spinach. And that leads me to believe that I am in need of some iron and some calcium. Did you know there are lots of good sources of calcium besides dairy milk? And there are also plenty of non-meat sources of iron, too.
This recipe is a result of my cravings. I really just wanted to send Darryl to P.F. Chang’s, but I decided to make my own version at home, which was nice because we had a lot of leftovers! You can serve it over brown or white rice, or quinoa, whatever you prefer.
Simple Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat. We like our beef to be cooked through, so I keep an eye on it and stir it until it is well done, probably about eight to ten minutes.
- Drain the grease from the pan if there is any. Add the broccoli florets and stir.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, tamari sauce, red pepper flakes, and a teaspoon of sesame seeds. Add to the pan and stir.
- Cook over low heat until the broccoli is tender but still nice and green.
- Serve over quinoa or rice. Top with more sesame seeds and red pepper flakes if desired.
If you’re wondering what tamari sauce is, it’s like the gluten free equivalent of soy sauce. Regular soy sauce has wheat in it, so if you want to keep this gluten free, you need to use tamari. It’s pretty easy to find in most grocery stores, or you can always order it online as well.
What are you craving lately?