There’s nothing like a big stack of vegan oatmeal chocolate chip pancakes to start your weekend! This recipe is quick, easy, and makes the best vegan pancakes!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
What are your favorite breakfast foods? Pastry? Waffles? Pancakes?
Mine is light and fluffy pancakes, and also a hearty bowl of oatmeal. And if you combine the two, well, that’s just perfect in my book!
We love our steel-cut oats in this family. The only drawback is that it takes a little bit of time to make them. When we wake up super hungry, we don’t always feel like waiting the 20 minutes that it takes to boil some steel-cut oats.
One shortcut that you can take when making these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip pancakes is to use boxed, cooked steel-cut oatmeal from Pacific Foods. Pancakes are fairly quick to make, and if you can add some ready-to-eat organic steel-cut oatmeal, you’re adding healthy fiber without taking up a lot of extra time.
We love our oatmeal around here, and we really LOVE our pancakes, so vegan oatmeal chocolate chip pancakes? A match made in heaven for us! These are so easy to make, and really delicious for a weekend breakfast or brunch. It was very easy to incorporate the steel-cut oats into this recipe, and I felt good knowing that we were getting some extra whole grain in our pancakes.
These pancakes are fluffy, tender, and loaded with melty chocolate chips. The oats provide extra fiber, iron, and protein. You need to make these soon! And if you’re on a pancake kick, you’ll want to give these fluffy vegan banana pancakes a try, too!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes.
Delicious vegan oatmeal chocolate chip pancakes are a healthy way to start your day!
- 1 1/2 cups white spelt flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cooked steel cut oats I used Pacific Organic Steel-Cut Unsweetened Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup organic canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk I used SO Delicious Original
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- vegan buttery spread for frying the pancakes
- In a large bowl, whisk together the white spelt flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
Add the organic canola oil, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, and cooked steel cut oatmeal.
- Stir to combine. Add the chocolate chips and stir to incorporate. Set aside for a few minutes - you will see the batter puff up from the baking powder.
- Put a tablespoon of vegan buttery spread in a skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Once the vegan buttery spread is sizzling, spoon the batter into the pan. Reduce the heat slightly.
- Watch the pancakes closely - when the edges are starting to firm up and look cooked, use a spatula to flip the pancakes carefully. Cook until pancakes are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add more vegan buttery spread to the pan between each group of pancakes.
- Serve with more chocolate chips, powdered sugar, or pure maple syrup.
Reasons your family will LOVE these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip pancakes:
- they’re full of melty chocolate chips
- they’re delicious when topped with butter and maple syrup
- they’re even good when reheated
- they make breakfast feel like a special occasion