A simple and delicious recipe for vegan pancakes. These are so easy to make and are very light and fluffy!
Hooray for the weekend! What does your weekend look like? Today we are looking at snow, snow, snow! Good grief. It has been a really wintery winter, if you know what I mean. I’m sure that sounds ridiculous, but our winters really vary. Two years ago, when I was pregnant with Baby Bee, we had some 50 degree days in December! It was so crazy. I was really happy because I could wear flats – I didn’t have to jam my feet into boots too often, which is a really good thing when you are nine months pregnant.
We love to have pancakes or waffles on the weekend here, and it took awhile for me to find a good way to make basic pancakes. I started with this recipe, and I’ve adapted it to suit our tastes. We like our pancakes to be nice and fluffy and a little bit sweet. This recipe is awesome with berries on top, and it’s also really good with chocolate chips. Just add them right before you spoon your batter into the pan.
- 1 cup white spelt flour
- ½ cup whole spelt flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1½ cups non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened coconut milk)
- 2½ tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 2½ tablespoons organic canola oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- vegan buttery spread for pan
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients, and let rise for about five minutes.
- Melt a tablespoon of vegan buttery spread in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Spoon the batter into the pan, and cook until you see the edges starting to turn golden brown.
- Flip pancakes and continue to cook until done, about 3 more minutes.
- Serve with vegan butter and syrup, or desired fruit topping.
adapted from this recipe.
What are your weekend plans? Besides making super awesome vegan pancakes, that is! ;)
Linking up to some of these parties.