These pineapple coconut pina colada popsicles are delicious and also healthy! A great treat for summer!
One of my favorite fruit combinations is pineapple and coconut. I love that tropical blend in smoothies, quick breads, even just diced pineapple with coconut on top is yummy. Darryl and I honeymooned on Maui, and the hotel we stayed at made the best pina coladas – there was no “mix” involved, just fresh, sweet Hawaiian pineapple and coconut milk. They were so good, in fact, anything at all that was made with that local pineapple was amazing. We ate so much pineapple on that trip, and then took a box of six pineapples home with us.
Anyway, I wanted to end Popsicle Week with another super easy, healthy, and fruity popsicle. These pina colada pops are so easy to make – they just require three ingredients! I kept these vegan by using vanilla coconut milk yogurt, which added enough sweetness for me. I had a very sweet pineapple here – if your pineapple is a little bit more tart, you may want to add a little bit of sugar or another sweetener.
I really like this size for popsicles. This mold is a Tupperware mold, and the popsicles are just the right size for kids. I decided to use the bases that came with the mold instead of wooden sticks because I thought the bright colors were kind of tropical!
- 1 six ounce container vanilla coconut milk yogurt
- 1¾ cups diced pineapple
- 3 Tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut, plus a little extra for dipping the finished popsicles.
- Place all ingredients in blender, and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until solid, about 6-8 hours.
- To remove from molds, run under warm water for a few seconds. Dip the frozen popsicles in a little more coconut before serving if desired.
- Makes 6 small popsicles, or 3 large popsicles. My molds are about 5 ounces. If you have some of the mixture leftover, it is a delicious smoothie!
Be sure to follow my Ice Cream and Popsicle board on Pinterest:
Did you see all the other Popsicle Week recipes? If not, here they are:
A big thank you to my wonderful guest posters!
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce. - February 6, 2017