Yesterday I showed you my oven-dried cherry tomatoes, and today I’m going to share a delicious way to eat them!
Mmm…pasta with cream sauce and tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, and garlic. Can you say comfort food?
I just had to try out my tomatoes in a recipe. It was so worth it! Oven drying them really deepens the tomato flavor, and they added so much to this sauce. If you have any cherry tomatoes laying around, you should really try drying them. They are delicious. And their little wrinkly bodies catch all the creamy sauce and make each bite extra delicious.
- one package gluten free spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free flour blend
- ½ cup sun-dried (or oven-dried) tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 3 cups spinach leaves, torn, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large pan, cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the onion softens, about 7 minutes, add the white wine and mushrooms, and stir.
- Let the mushrooms cook for a few minutes until they start to soften, then add the gluten free flour blend and stir again.
- Add the oven-dried tomatoes and the almond milk. Stir constantly until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the spices and the spinach leaves, and mix together until the spinach wilts.
- Serve over hot pasta and top with sliced fresh spinach.
- Add more salt and pepper if desired.
I used gluten free spaghetti for this recipe – this time I used the Barilla brand. If you are new to gluten free pasta, here’s a little tip: you really have to stir the pasta frequently when you are boiling it, otherwise it sticks together and is very hard to separate.
This cream sauce doesn’t take too long to put together at all, and it can all be done in one pot. Simple, healthy, and delicious comfort food with minimal clean up. Hooray! Because it’s fall now, and don’t we all need a nice bowl of pasta with a creamy sauce?
Yes, we do. :)
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Testing 3 Different Gluten Free Flour Brands in a Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. - September 26, 2016
- Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. - September 22, 2016
- Self Care for Food Allergy Moms – 5 Simple Tips. - September 21, 2016