We have had a beautiful few days here, just perfect fall weather! I’ve been doing a lot of cooking and baking because we went to the Farmer’s Market, and I think our eyes were bigger than our stomachs! (Also our refrigerator). So our kitchen has been even busier than usual, but with the cooler days, it’s been nice to have the oven on and delicious things cooking and baking.
These muffins are requested pretty regularly by Baby Bee, who calls them, “muh-nins!” The almond meal and flax meal keep these muffins moist, and the applesauce and cinnamon give them a delicious flavor. You can use coconut sugar in place of the regular sugar if you want to make these a little healthier.
- 1½ cups white spelt flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. LIne a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the spelt flour, almond meal, sugar, ground flax seed, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
- Add the applesauce, oil, and almond milk and stir until combined.
- Fill the muffin cups two thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
These are very easy to eat, and they don’t last long at our house at all. We like them for breakfast, and I think they’d be perfect for a fall party or brunch, too! I always have this idea of having a fun fall party with caramel apples and hot cider and hay bales and pumpkins. It never seems to happen with all the Halloween preparation and other activities, but if I was going to have a fall party, these would be on the menu for sure! :)
What are you baking these days?