Do you love granola as much as I do?
Do you love making granola as much as I do?
I love granola – it’s my favorite quick breakfast option right now. And I really love making it – it’s so easy to do, I know what all the ingredients are and can make it allergy friendly, and it’s SO much cheaper than the store bought brands.
I always feel like I’m winning when I make granola that I love at home. Mix it all up in a big bowl, throw it on a cookie sheet, bake it, and BOOM! Breakfast is ready for the week.
I’ve been making a lot of granola lately, and this version is a new favorite. The chocolate chips and cranberries are added after the granola is cooled, so if you want to skip those or add something else, you can easily do that. If you can have nuts, pecans or almonds would be a great addition.
The gluten free flour I added to this recipe helps bind the granola together just a bit into some small clusters. If you are not gluten free, just use regular all purpose flour.
- ⅓ cup vegan buttery spread, melted (or butter)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3½ cups gluten free oats
- 1½ Tablespoons gluten free flour blend (I used the King Arthur blend, any blend should work)
- ⅔ cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the gluten free oats, melted vegan buttery spread, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Sprinkle the gluten free flour blend and salt over the oat mixture, and stir to combine.
- Spread on the cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet, then add the cranberries and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container. Stays fresh for one week (possibly longer, but ours is always gone after a week).
Do you make your own granola? What has been your go-to breakfast lately?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Testing 3 Different Gluten Free Flour Brands in a Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. - September 26, 2016
- Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. - September 22, 2016
- Self Care for Food Allergy Moms – 5 Simple Tips. - September 21, 2016