Chocolate chip cranberry granola is a great breakfast or post workout snack. It can even be packaged up in a Mason jar for gift giving!
Homemade granola is a great breakfast option. You can make it ahead of time, and you can control what goes into it.
Making a big batch of chocolate cranberry granola on the weekend is a great way to make sure that you have a quick and easy breakfast ready for each weekday morning.
If you have food allergies, you know that a lot of store bought cereal, granola, and granola bars are often cross contaminated with different allergens. Nuts, dairy, sesame, gluten – all of these are often listed as ingredients or in a “may contain” warning in those products.
When you make your own granola at home, you can make sure that it’s completely safe for your allergy needs. Use your favorite safe brands of oats, chocolate chips, maple syrup – you can make a breakfast granola that you trust is safe for your family.
Is the gluten free flour necessary for this granola?
You can skip the gluten free flour if you wish. It acts as a binder – it helps the granola stick together and form clumps. You can leave it out if you want – but there won’t be as many clusters of granola.
Where can you find certified gluten free oats?
If you need to be gluten free, when you buy oats, make sure to look for the certified gluten free label. I have seen certified gluten free oats at health food stores as well as online. I have found GF Harvest brand oats on Amazon, and they are made in a nut free facility as well.
How do you make chocolate chip cranberry granola?
- Melt the vegan buttery spread in a large bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, and gluten free oats. Stir.
- Sprinkle on the gluten free flour blend and stir again.
- Bake at 250 degrees for about 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow the granola to cool fully before adding the cranberries and chocolate chips.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate Chip Cranberry Granola.
Chocolate chip cranberry granola is a delicious breakfast option. This vegan and gluten free granola recipe is a great way to start your day!
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the gluten free oats, melted vegan buttery spread, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Sprinkle the gluten free flour blend and salt over the oat mixture, and stir to combine.
- Spread on the cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet, then add the cranberries and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container. Stays fresh for one week (possibly longer, but ours is always gone after a week).
If you'd like to give this granola as a gift, package it in a cute Mason jar - it will stay fresh and look nice, too!
This granola will keep in an airtight container for about 7 days.
If you aren't dairy free, feel free to use regular butter.
If you don't like cranberries, try adding a different dried fruit, like dried blueberries or cherries. You can also just leave them out.
Do you make your own granola? What’s your favorite variety?
This post was originally published in March 2015. It has been updated with new information and tips.