It’s mid-July, it’s hot hot hot…do you need another popsicle recipe?
We are loving popsicles and ice cream over here this week, because it’s been a bit more summery feeling! (Finally!)
Seriously, I am so grateful for this level of summer heat. We’re in the upper 70’s to low 80’s, and that works for me! I’m not one who wants a super frying hot summer. I don’t even mind if we don’t hit 90 degrees, that’s when I tend to hide inside with the AC on and a popsicle in my hand.
We’re starting to see more and more local berries in the stores and farmer’s markets, and they are so delicious. Blackberries are one of my very favorite berries (especially when they’re ripe, not bitter like they are in winter time).
This is such a simple recipe, and it’s one that you can feel good about, too! Lots of blackberries are a great source of fiber, magnesium, and vitamin C. The yogurt adds calcium and probiotics. When combined, it’s kind of like eating a blackberry pie with ice cream. So good.
- 1½ cups blackberries
- 1¼ Tablespoons sugar
- 1 six-ounce container SO Delicious vanilla cultured coconut milk yogurt
- Place the blackberries and sugar in the blender. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the blackberry puree in and press it through with a spoon, leaving the seeds behind.
- Spoon the blackberry puree and the yogurt in the popsicle molds, making layers as you go.
- Insert the sticks and freeze for at least 4 hours until firm.
How are you staying cool this summer?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. - September 22, 2016
- Self Care for Food Allergy Moms – 5 Simple Tips. - September 21, 2016
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Glaze. - September 19, 2016