A fresh fruit salsa is a fun dessert for summertime! This blend is sweet and tart, and perfect with crunchy crackers for dipping!
How’s that for a summery recipe? ^^^
I just had to make something extra fresh and bright to celebrate the fact that it’s not snowing and freezing here…finally. I have nothing against snow, but when it’s mid-April and snowing, it gets a little depressing.
This week, though, there are signs of spring – it’s warmer, the sun is out, the birds are singing, and generally the weather is behaving in a normal way. :)
I thought this would be a good time to share my recipe for fruit salsa. I love this easy summer dessert/appetizer. It’s full of summer flavor, and bursting with the goodness of lots of fresh fruit.
This easy salsa can be made in a jiffy! Perfect for a last minute summer party or barbecue. The amount and type of sugar can be adjusted based on the sweetness of the fruit and your own personal preference. You could also do a natural sweetener like honey or agave syrup instead.
I like to serve this with my cinnamon sugar oatmeal crackers (you’ll want to double the recipe). You could make cinnamon sugar tortillas if you’re able to eat wheat, that would be another good option for a dipper!
- 16 ounces strawberries, finely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- ¼ - ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- Place the chopped fruits in a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and the sugar, stir well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with crackers or cinnamon sugar tortillas.
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Simply Delicious Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. - February 23, 2017
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017