A crisp, sunny fall day is the perfect time to enjoy a delicious apple cider slushie. This is an easy recipe that takes just minutes to make!
Cider mills are a big part of fall here in the Midwest. We have several varieties of cider mills to choose from in our area, which is wonderful.
As I’ve mentioned before, some cider mills have quite a few allergens in their facilities, and that makes me uncomfortable with their donuts and other baked goods. We often make our own pumpkin donuts or apple cinnamon donuts to take the cider mill. That way we don’t miss out on the fun, and we still get to eat a safe treat.
Of course at the cider mill, you can get regular cider, or hot cider, or my favorite…a cider slushie. There’s just something so delicious about a frozen cider slush. And it’s super simple to make this drink at home, so you can enjoy it any time you like.
I used my ice cream maker to make this slush. It’s super easy to just pour the cider into the bowl of the ice cream maker and let it churn until it reaches the perfect consistency.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can freeze cider in an ice cube tray and then blend it with some unfrozen cider in a blender to create a slush.
- Try making this slush with pear cider for a different flavor.
- Add some cinnamon to the mix for a spiced cider.
- For an adult beverage, you can add some brandy or spiced rum to your cider slush.
If you have any slush leftover, you can freeze it in a freezer safe container. It will need to thaw somewhat before you try to scoop it out.
More Apple Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Simple Apple Cider Slushie.
- 48 ounces apple cider
- 1 apple cored and sliced thin
- Turn the ice cream maker on. Pour the cider into the bowl of the ice cream maker.
- Churn the cider for about 15 minutes, until it reaches the perfect slushie consistency.
- Scoop the cider slush into glasses and garnish with thinly sliced apple. Enjoy!