Simple maple pecan granola is a delicious and hearty breakfast option! Perfect with yogurt or milk.
Guys, I’ve discovered how easy it is to make homemade granola, and I just can’t stop! This maple pecan granola is the most recent creation of mine.
I like store-bought granola, and there are a couple of brands that I like to buy, but it seems like the simpler and more natural the granola mix, the more expensive it is! That does not compute. Less ingredients should equal less money, right?
Anyway, it’s so easy to make your own granola, and then you can customize it however you want. It’s especially good for those who have food sensitivities or allergies, because you can eliminate any of the foods that are a problem for you. Make it gluten free, nut free, dairy free, soy free, etc.
I shared my chocolate granola recipe last month, and today I’m going to share a really basic recipe for maple pecan granola. I used maple syrup as a sweetener, and pecans were my nut of choice. Feel free to use the sweetener of your choice, and the nut of your choice. You can also add coconut, or dried berries, or more spices as desired. Just remember to stir the granola every 15 minutes so it dries out evenly and gets nice and toasty without burning up. So easy, and very fun, too! This granola is perfect with just some milk, or serve it with yogurt and berries. Happy breakfasting!
Simple Maple Pecan Granola.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Put all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir.
- Add the melted vegan buttery spread, vanilla, and maple syrup. Stir until everything is coated.
- Spread the granola out on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees for about 40 minutes. Stir granola every 15 minutes or so. It should look dry and golden when it is done.
- Cool completely and then store in an airtight container.
You could also use melted coconut oil or regular butter if you prefer.
This maple pecan granola is:
- gluten free, dairy free, and vegan
- perfect for breakfast or a snack
- an easy gift to make and give