Start your morning with a bowl of delicious maple granola! This is an easy vegan recipe that comes together quickly. Serve this simple granola with dairy free yogurt, a smoothie, or pack it up for a post workout snack.
Breakfast is often a problem for those with food allergies. Which makes sense if you think about it – eggs, wheat, milk, and nuts are all common breakfast items, and all common allergens as well.
I know it’s easy to get stuck eating the exact same thing for breakfast. This is especially true if you have limited choices!
We love homemade granola at my house, and I like to mix things up by making variations on a basic recipe. Double chocolate granola, coconut granola, and this easy maple granola with raisins are all favorites at my house.
- certified gluten free oats
- vegan buttery spread
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
Step by Step Instructions
- Melt the vegan buttery spread in a large bowl and add the maple syrup, oats, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt.
2. Stir the ingredients well, making sure the dry ingredients are well coated with the buttery spread and syrup.
3. Spread the granola on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment.
4. Bake at 250 degrees F for about 45 minutes. Stir the granola every 15 minutes. Allow the granola to cool on the baking sheet. Add the raisins to the granola after it cools.
- You can use a different sweetener if you wish – honey or agave syrup should work well.
- Use craisins or dried cherries instead of raisins, or leave the raisins out and enjoy this granola plain.
- If you can have nuts, try adding pecans or almonds.
- If you like chocolate, try adding some white chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips to this recipe.
Store this maple granola in an airtight container or ziploc bag. It should stay fresh for about a week.
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Maple Granola with Raisins.
This easy maple granola recipe is the perfect way to start your morning. This recipe is made with simple ingredients that you probably have in your pantry right now!
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Put the melted vegan buttery spread and maple syrup in a large bowl.
Add the gluten free oats, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Stir until everything is coated.
Spread the granola out on the prepared cookie sheet.
Bake at 250 degrees F for about 45 minutes. Stir the granola every 15 minutes or so. It should be lightly golden brown when it's done.
Cool completely on the cookie sheet. Add the raisins if desired. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
You could also use melted coconut oil or regular butter if you prefer.
If you don’t like raisins, you can leave them out, or use dried cranberries or cherries. You can also add chocolate chips if you like.
You can add sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or pecans (if you are able to eat nuts).
Store granola in an airtight container or ziploc bag. It should stay fresh for about a week.