Light and buttery Bohemian crescent cookies are a deliciously festive addition to your cookie party! These are gluten free, vegan, and top 8 free!
Have you ever been at a holiday party and taken a look at the dessert table, and just felt kind of wistful? All the varieties of cookies…all so cute and festive…and all unsafe for your food allergies.
It’s frustrating sometimes during the holiday season. It seems like at every turn we see one more thing that has gluten, or dairy, or nuts, or whatever your allergens are.
Well, I don’t want you to miss out on festive cookies. There are a lot of allergy friendly holiday cookie recipes for you to enjoy. This Bohemian crescent cookie recipe is one of them.
Traditionally made with chopped nuts in the dough, I decided to make these without nuts, and guess what? They’re so delicious. Super light, super buttery, and just the right amount of sweetness from the powdered sugar coating.
- Gluten Free Flour Blend – I usually make these with Namaste Perfect Flour Blend, and they turn out really well. You can probably use a different gluten free flour blend if you like.
- Vegan Buttery Spread – Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Spread has a great flavor and works perfectly for making cookies.
- Powdered Sugar – We like Wholesome Sweeteners Confectioner’s Sugar which is corn free. You can use any brand of powdered sugar that works for you.
If you don’t need to be gluten free or dairy free, go ahead and use regular flour and butter. These Bohemian crescent cookies will still turn out wonderfully!
Step by Step Instructions
- Place the gluten free flour blend, powdered sugar, vegan buttery spread, vanilla, and salt in a mixing bowl, and mix on low speed until combined.
- Take one inch balls of dough, and shape into crescents. Place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool a bit, then coat them with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
👩🏻🍳 Are you ready to learn more about gluten free and vegan baking? Join my community today and get emails with delicious recipes that really work!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Bohemian Crescent Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the vegan buttery spread, gluten free flour blend, ½ cup powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt in a mixer. Mix on low speed until combined. Dough will be thick.
- Take one inch balls of dough and shape into a crescent shape. You should have four rows of three cookies on the baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
- Pour one cup of powdered sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for about 15 minutes, Once the cookies are somewhat cool. dip in the powdered sugar and roll around to coat. Be gentle with these cookies as they are somewhat fragile.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with remaining dough.