A cozy bowl of green bean and cauliflower curry is a healthy dinner that’s allergy friendly, too! Perfect for a busy weeknight.
We’re one week into December. How’s it going? Busy? Chaotic? Are you shopping, baking, going to Christmas productions, making gifts, making calls, sending cards?
Wouldn’t it be nice to sit down and eat a comforting meal that’s actually healthy amid all the hustle and bustle?
Let’s make an easy curry – one with lots of veggies and a rich coconut based sauce.
This green bean and cauliflower curry is quick and easy to put together. If you would rather sub in different vegetables, you can do that. You can use potatoes, peas, leave out the chickpeas…this recipe is very flexible. If rice doesn’t work for you, serve it over quinoa or just eat it plain.
The warming curry spices make this meal a perfect way to warm up on a chilly night. Take a few minutes to make this and you’ll be happy you did! You need to have healthy, comforting meals at this time of year – to refuel from all the shopping and errands if nothing else!
Green Bean and Cauliflower Curry.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 head cauliflower florets removed and chopped
- one 15 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces full fat coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups frozen green beans
- cooked rice for serving
- Put the olive oil and chopped onion in a large pot and cook over medium heat until soft and translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cauliflower florets and stir. Add the chickpeas, spices, and coconut milk. Continue to cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes, stirring often, If it starts to get too thick, you can add a little non-dairy milk and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Add the green beans and cook until they are heated through. Season with more salt if needed.
- Serve over prepared rice.