This cilantro white bean dip is a healthy, tasty appetizer or snack to bring to a party!
Otherwise titled: my last minute attempt to squeeze in a green recipe before St. Patrick’s Day. ;)
I didn’t do any elaborate St. Patrick’s Day baking or anything this year. No shamrock shakes or green cookies, so this dip is my little attempt at a green recipe so that I don’t get pinched. :)
I love a good bean dip. I always seem to be in need of protein, especially on busy days, and it helps if I have some kind of protein rich snack planned ahead of time. This cilantro white bean dip is so easy to whip up, and it’s a healthy and tasty snack.
Cilantro White Bean Dip.
- 30 ounces white cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Blend together until mostly smooth (I like to see some bean pieces in there, so I stop blending before it is completely pureed).
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or crackers.
The fresh cilantro gives this dip a nice green color, so it’s perfect for tomorrow. No matter when you make it, this cilantro white bean dip is sure to be a big hit!
Funny story…Darryl walked into the kitchen and saw this and tried it right away without knowing what was in it. Because of the green shade, he thought it was guacamole. He was super confused when he tasted it, since he was primed for avocado! (He liked it though, it just took a minute for it to register as a bean dip). :) So I guess you could also save this up for April 1st and fool your friends?
Happy St. Patty’s tomorrow!