If you like the combination of coconut and chocolate, you’re going to love these chocolate coconut truffles. Rich, dairy free dark chocolate coats a soft, sweet, coconut filling, making these a truly decadent dessert.
I’m happy to have my friend Laura from Pete and Buzz share a recipe with us! Laura blogs about family life and has delicious recipes and gorgeous photos on her blog. I really want to try these muffins and this vegan Thai pizza. This recipe for an easy vegan candy is a must make for the busy holiday season.
There are times when things dipped in chocolate are practically a MUST. And when you put coconut milk and shredded coconut together and wrap it up into a dark chocolate covered package like this one, every day is a truffle day.
With dairy-free dark chocolate chips, these dark chocolate coconut truffles are vegan and gluten free. If you like almonds and they work for your diet, you can stick them to the top before the chocolate hardens.
- Coconut Cream – Full fat coconut milk is pure coconut milk that is thick and rich, and adds a lot of richness to your recipes. Usually there will be a fair amount of coconut water in the can as well. Canned coconut cream is similar, but the coconut water has been removed. If you have canned coconut milk, just make sure to only use the cream for this recipe, not the clear liquid coconut water.
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips – Enjoy Life Foods, PASCHA, and even Nestle Tollhouse all carry dairy free chocolate chips. We love the ones from Enjoy Life and PASCHA because of their allergen control policies and procedures.
Step by Step Instructions
- Combine the coconut cream, brown sugar, and coconut in a pan, and warm slightly. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Form into balls, and place on a cookie sheet. Freeze for up to two hours until firm.
- Melt the dairy free chocolate chips, and dip the coconut balls into the chocolate, rolling to coat.
- Place on the cookie sheet and freeze again until firm. Store truffles in the refrigerator.
More No Bake Treats
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Vegan Dark Chocolate Coconut Truffles.
- Warm coconut cream in a saucepan just enough to stir in brown sugar and coconut. Chill for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Form into balls and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Freeze for an hour or two.
- Melt chocolate (we used the microwave, but you can do it on the stove) and get chocolate as close to 90 degrees F as you can.
- Take the frozen balls of coconut with two forks and dip them into the melted chocolate, covering the coconut. Place back on the parchment paper and put back in the freezer. Once they are nice and hard, you can store them in the fridge. Enjoy!
inspired by the vanilla sugar blog
These dark chocolate coconut truffles look delicious! I can’t wait to try them. Thanks, Laura!