Looking for a warm, cozy breakfast cereal that’s grain free? Try this coconut porridge with berries! It’s gluten free, grain free, and free of the top allergens!
What’s the trickiest meal of the day when you have food allergies?
It seems like so many breakfast foods are allergens. There’s eggs, and dairy, gluten-filled toast and pastry, and nuts – it’s just a mess.
The old standbys you used to eat, like peanut butter toast or a cheese omelet just aren’t possible anymore, so you have to find new, safe favorites.
I tend to gravitate toward make ahead breakfast recipes, like chia seed pudding or overnight oats. But sometimes you want something warm, especially in the cooler months. I know many of you also avoid oats, so this grain free coconut porridge is for you.
It’s hearty, filling, and delicious.
This grain free porridge comes together so quickly, making it perfect for busy mornings. The pumpkin seeds add a great nutty flavor, plus they’re full of health benefits. Pumpkin seeds are a great source of zinc, iron, and magnesium. The magnesium is particularly good if you’ve been feeling stressed – when we’re stressed, we tend to burn through magnesium quicker, becoming depleted quickly.
You can customize this recipe to suit you – try adding chopped apples and cinnamon instead of berries, or some cocoa powder and cacao nibs for a chocolate treat.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Grain Free Coconut Porridge.
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a food processor and blend on high speed until you have a fine flour.
- Place the frozen wild blueberries in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 90 seconds. Set aside.
- Place the ground pumpkin seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, salt, and non-dairy milk in a small pot.
- Heat over medium heat for a few minutes until the porridge is warm. Add the maple syrup and stir.
- Divide the porridge into two bowls. Top with the blueberries and more pumpkin seeds if desired. Enjoy!
This grain free coconut porridge is:
- quick and easy to make
- full of healthy fats
- delicious and filling
- free of the top 8 allergens