Roasted potatoes are simple to make and delicious. Add some lemon, garlic, and favorite seasonings to create a new twist on a classic dish. These crisp and tender potatoes are delightful when served with chicken, fish, or burgers.
There’s something that’s just so comforting about roasted potatoes, isn’t there?
The crispy skins, the tender inside, salt and pepper – simply delicious!
We make these easy seasoned roasted potatoes pretty often, but I wanted a little change, so I decided to try garlic lemon roasted potatoes.
Oh boy, I’m glad I decided to try something new. These are so good! The lemon really adds a pop of flavor to this recipe.
Some people really LOVE lemon (Darryl is one of them!). If that’s you, you may want to increase the amount of lemon juice. Go ahead and use more if you like. Same for garlic – feel free to add more garlic cloves if you want.
Type of Potatoes
We used baby red skin potatoes for this recipe, but you could use regular size red skin potatoes, or even Yukon Gold potatoes. Leaving the skins on makes these nice and crisp on the edges.
To Peel or Not to Peel
I used baby red skin potatoes, so peeling them wasn’t a possibility. If you prefer peeled potatoes, get the larger red skin potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes so that they are easier to peel.
Tips for Success
- Cut the potatoes into similar sizes, so they cook evenly.
- Use parchment paper to make clean up of the pan easier, and to prevent the potatoes from sticking.
- Pat the potatoes dry before adding the oil, lemon, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Stir the potatoes during baking so they get golden brown on all sides.
Can I make these potatoes ahead of time?
Roasted potatoes are best when made fresh and enjoyed right after they come out of the oven. My recommendation is to make them and serve immediately. If you need to reheat leftovers, there are instructions for that below.
Although these potatoes are best when they are fresh out of the oven, you can reheat them the next day if you need to.
Just reheat at 350 degrees F until they are heated through. Stir during reheating so that they don’t burn or dry out.
- If you can’t have garlic, you can leave it out. Feel free to use shallots or green onions if you like in its place.
- Red potatoes work well, but you could also use gold potatoes.
- If you want to add even more flavor, try adding some rosemary or dill to this recipe.
What to Serve with These Potatoes
More Potato Recipes
These can also be made and then added to a potato salad recipe, like this easy recipe for roasted potato salad with asparagus. It has a wonderfully flavorful maple mustard dressing that goes very well the lemon flavor of these potatoes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Delicious and Easy Lemon Roasted Potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean the potatoes and pat dry. Cut each potato into small pieces and place into a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Use your hands to mix the potatoes – make sure they are all coated with the oil and spices.
- Place on the parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 425 degrees F for about 35 minutes until the potatoes are golden and crisp on the edges. Stir the potatoes about every 10 minutes during cooking to make sure they are cooking evenly.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Add more salt and pepper if desired.