These oven roasted chicken legs are so tasty and so easy to make! Just a few minutes of prep time yields juicy, flavorful chicken legs that your family will gobble up.
It’s a busy time of year, and you’re probably spread a little too thin. Or is it just me?
That’s the way it goes, though. Even though I try to be very intentional about what I schedule during the fall and winter, it still gets kind of hectic.
And if I don’t think ahead, we wind up eating too many dinners from Chipotle. Or frozen gluten free pizzas.
That’s why I’m sharing these easy and flavorful chicken drumsticks with you today.
This dinner recipe takes just a few minutes of prep time. No need to brown these chicken legs in a frying pan first, then bake them. Just place the ingredients in a ziploc bag to coat, then bake on two cookie sheets.
These oven roasted chicken legs are so flavorful. And the skin gets golden brown and a little crispy – so delicious.
You can keep the whole meal simple – just serve these with baked potatoes and a green salad, or even just some sliced fresh vegetables.
I kept the seasoning simple on these chicken legs, and just used garlic salt, pepper, and onion powder. You can use a variety of seasonings if you like. Try smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, or Italian Seasoning. If you’re looking for a spice blend, take a look at my recipe for BBQ Chicken Spice Rub.
Step by Step Instructions
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a large resealable bag. Add the melted vegan buttery spread, garlic salt, pepper, and onion powder. Seal the bag and push the chicken around until everything is evenly distributed.
- Place the chicken legs on two cookie sheets that have been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 50-55 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the skin is golden brown. Be sure to turn the chicken during the cooking time so that both sides brown evenly.
Safe Temperature for Chicken
The internal temperature of bone-in chicken should be at least 165 degrees F when taken with a meat thermometer. Read more in this post.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Oven Roasted Chicken Legs.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large ziploc bag and seal it. Use your hands to squish the bag around so that the chicken legs get fully coated with the buttery spread and spices.
- Place the coated chicken legs on the two parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 50-55 minutes, or until the chicken legs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F when taken with a meat thermometer. Turn the chicken legs once halfway through the baking time so that both sides get golden brown.