Dairy free chocolate covered strawberries are a delicious and elegant dessert that’s so simple to make! Make a batch of these chocolate treats for your next party! These take just minutes to make and are always a crowd pleaser.
The best desserts are the simple ones, right?
If you haven’t made homemade chocolate covered strawberries before, you really need to, because they are so easy and so tasty. This simple dessert only requires two ingredients, and minimal work!
This no-bake dessert is nice because these are perfect for people with special dietary needs since you can easily get vegan, allergy friendly chocolate chips.
I love making a batch of these for a party or special occasion, like Valentine’s Day. Chocolate covered strawberries are decadent, and they look beautiful on a dessert tray.
- Strawberries – Try to find very red, ripe strawberries for this recipe. These will taste the best if the berries are very ripe and sweet.
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips – Both Enjoy Life and PASCHA Chocolate make dairy free chocolate chips. There are some other brands out there as well. Feel free to use whichever brand works best for your dietary needs.
- Cookie Sheet – You will need a cookie sheet to place the strawberries on after you dip them in chocolate.
- Waxed Paper – You’ll want to line the cookie sheet with waxed paper so that the melted chocolate doesn’t stick to it.
Step by Step Instructions
- Buy fresh strawberries, and make sure that they are very ripe and sweet.
- Wash the berries and pat them dry with paper towels. Make sure they are totally dry.
- Melt some dairy free chocolate chips in the microwave. After one minute, stir, then heat them for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between until they are melted and smooth.
- Dip each berry in the melted chocolate.
- Place each chocolate covered strawberry on cookie sheets lined with waxed paper. You can drizzle a little more chocolate over each one if you like to make them a little fancier.
- Chill the dipped strawberries in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy! These are best on the day that they are made.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Dairy Free Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
- 24 strawberries
- 16 ounces dairy free chocolate chips
- Pick out the prettiest, sweetest strawberries you can find. Rinse them off and let them dry on paper towels. They must be totally dry before you dip them.
- Melt one cup of dairy free chocolate chips in the microwave for one minute, then stir, then microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Do not overheat the chocolate.
- Dip each berry in the melted chocolate and set it on cookie sheets lined with waxed paper. If you run out of chocolate, melt some more. You can also drizzle a little bit of chocolate over each berry to make it a little fancier if you want to.
- Once you’ve dipped all the berries, stick the sheets in the fridge to let the chocolate harden. This happens pretty quickly – about 15-20 minutes or so.
- Transfer finished berries to covered containers to store in the refrigerator. These are really best eaten the same day. They will get a bit mushy if you try to keep them overnight.