Sheet pan sausage and peppers make a perfect family friendly dinner for a busy weeknight. This recipe takes just minutes to make, and it’s simply delicious!
When schedules get crazy, it can be really tough to get a delicious dinner on the table. I know how hard it is to prepare something that’s not only safe and allergy friendly, but also tasty and filling.
That’s where this easy, oven roasted recipe comes in. I love the simplicity of a good sheet pan dinner. You just have to slice up some veggies, add your protein, drizzle with olive oil, pop it in the oven, and presto! A cozy, delicious dinner is ready to serve.
- Sausage – Use any type of sausage that works for your dietary needs. I used chicken sausage, but you could use pork sausage or even vegan sausage if you like.
- Onions – I used a sweet onion as well as a red onion for variety.
- Peppers – Sweet bell peppers roast up very nicely – use any color you like.
Step by Step Instructions
- Slice the peppers and onions and place them on a rimmed sheet pan that’s lined with parchment paper. Add the sliced sausages. Drizzle some olive oil on top and season with garlic powder and pepper.
- Make sure everything is coated with oil and spread evenly over the sheet pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 30-35 minutes.
- Serve over rice or quinoa, and top with green herb sauce if you like.
Serve this recipe over rice rice or quinoa. You could also roast some potatoes to serve along with these sausages and veggies.
I really like to make a batch of green herb sauce to serve on top of the finished dish. It adds some bright, fresh flavor that goes so well with the roasted peppers and sausage.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should stay fresh for 3-4 days.
Learn to make SAFE, tasty food for your family. Join my community today and start getting all my best tips, tricks, and allergy friendly recipes in your inbox.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers.
Peppers, onions, and sausage are roasted in the oven to make a simple, hearty meal that your family will love.
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 red onion
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 12 ounces chicken sausages
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice the onions and peppers and place them on the baking sheet. Slice the sausages into coins and place on the baking sheet as well.
Drizzle the ingredients with olive oil, and season with garlic powder and pepper.
Make sure the ingredients are coated with oil and distributed evenly over the baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees F for about 30-35 minutes, until the sausages are a bit browned and the veggies are tender.
Serve over rice or quinoa. Drizzle with green herb sauce if you like.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator. They should stay fresh for 3-4 days.
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary based on the brand of sausage that you choose.
This is delicious! It’s quick and easy to make and we loved it.