Sauteed peaches and ice cream is a wonderfully simple way to enjoy summer produce!
What’s your favorite summer fruit? I think mine is probably peaches, followed closely by watermelon. Ooh, plus strawberries, blueberries, all the berries. So many choices.
Lately we have been on a peach kick, (remember, I shared my peach berry crisp recipe?) and I just have not tired of them yet this year! It seems like peach season is so short…once we see them at the farmer’s market, we need to grab them because they are only available and at their best for a few weeks.
We bought some Michigan peaches recently and I wanted to use up the last few yesterday, so I made sauteed peaches and we gobbled them up with ice cream. There’s just nothing like peaches in the summertime! And I’m partial to Michigan peaches, I think they’re the most flavorful!
We’ve been eating these sauteed peaches for a few years now. I found this simple summer recipe in Everyday Food magazine, and have adapted it now so that it’s dairy free.
Sauteed Peaches and Ice Cream.
Summer dessert made simple - warm sauteed peaches with ice cream.
- 2 tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 large peaches pitted and each cut into small chunks
- 2 cups non-dairy ice cream optional
- In a large skillet, melt unsalted butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar.
- Add peaches. Cook, stirring, until sugar has dissolved and peaches are warmed through and coated, 2 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Top with vanilla non-dairy ice cream – we like Almond Dream.
This recipe is so easy and tasty – yum!
Be sure to stop by Laura’s blog today, where I did a little guest post talking about our food sensitivities and sharing a favorite cookie recipe!