This vegan cheesy roasted asparagus takes just minutes to make and is sure to become a new favorite side dish!
Do you get excited at this time of year, when you finally start to see some signs of spring? Whether it’s in the yard or the garden, or in the grocery store, mid-March is the time when we start seeing more green.
It’s a relief, isn’t it, after lots of cold, dreary days?
The past couple of times I’ve been to the grocery store I’ve seen lots of fresh asparagus. And not the thick, woody asparagus…the thin, tender asparagus that’s so delicious and easy to eat.
Roasting thin stalks of asparagus is easy and doesn’t take much time. Roasted asparagus is tasty on its own, but when you add a cheesy coating made from nutritional yeast, it’s hard to stop eating it.
If you have a family that loves asparagus, you may want to double this recipe – just bake it on two cookie sheets.
Vegan Cheesy Roasted Asparagus.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on the parchment.
- Rinse the asparagus and break of the tough ends. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the asparagus on the baking sheet and roll around to distribute the olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7-11 minutes, depending on how roasted you like your asparagus. Less time will result in more of a steamed quality, more time will give you more of a browned and roasted flavor.
- While the asparagus bakes, place the vegan buttery spread in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
- When the asparagus is done, drizzle it with the melted vegan buttery spread, and sprinkle with the nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Use two forks to toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.