This vegan chocolate chia seed pudding is a healthy but decadent breakfast! A drizzle of sunbutter and fresh berries makes this pudding extra special.
These days, I’m all about easy breakfast recipes. Somehow, we’ve had a few busy weeks in a row, and when it gets too crazy, I tend to forget to eat a good breakfast unless I plan ahead. Breakfast cookies, overnight oats, or my current favorite, chia seed pudding, all make their way onto the menu during busy times.
Chia seed pudding is so easy to make ahead of time – just throw everything in a jar, give it a good shake, and the next day, top it with your favorite fruits or seeds or anything you like! If you haven’t tried chia seed pudding yet, don’t be scared. I know it may look a little weird, but it’s delicious, and I promise you won’t grow a head full of bright green chia sprouts. :)
Why I love vegan chocolate chia seed pudding for breakfast:
- it’s full of healthy fats and protein
- anytime I can get away with chocolate for breakfast is a win!
- the creamy pudding, fresh berries, and sunbutter drizzle is the perfect flavor and texture combination
- it takes just five minutes to make, and can be kept in the fridge for a few days
Vegan Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding with Sunbutter and Berries.
For the chia seed pudding:
- Place all the pudding ingredients in a jar with a glass lid. Place the lid on the jar and shake well.
- Put the jar in the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Open the jar and stir well.
- Place the sunbutter in a small bowl and heat in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir.
- Layer the pudding and berries in bowls and drizzle with the warmed sunbutter. Top with dairy free chocolate chips.
What’s your favorite breakfast for crazy days?
Follow my Breakfast board on Pinterest for more ideas!
Follow The Pretty Bee (Allergy Friendly Eats)’s board Egg FREE Breakfast Recipes. on Pinterest.