This no-bake patriotic berry tart is the perfect holiday dessert! This is an easy and delicious dessert to serve at a summer party!
The other day it hit me that I don’t really have many 4th of July recipes on my blog, and I thought it was time to change that.
And I also don’t have too many no-bake desserts on here either, so this patriotic berry tart kills two birds with one stone. It starts with an Oreo cookie crust (use the Oreos that fit your diet, there are plenty of options to choose from, including vegan and gluten free), <- (affiliate links) and then has a cream cheese layer, a whipped topping layer, and plenty of patriotic raspberries and blueberries.
This is such an easy dessert to put together, and everyone loves the combination of a cookie crust, creamy filing, and fresh fruit. It’s perfect for your Fourth of July festivities this weekend!
But the beautiful thing about this patriotic dessert is that you can use regular cream cheese and whipped topping like Cool-Whip and it will still be great!
Use the ingredients that work for you – you can’t mess this tart up, it’s super simple. You could even make your own coconut whipped cream if you wanted to, but it will have a stronger coconut flavor if you do that.
Whatever option you choose, this patriotic berry tart is sure to become a summer favorite!
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos or a similar cookie)
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread, melted
- ½ cup Daiya cream cheese (or regular cream cheese)
- ½ cup SO Delicious Coco Whip (or Cool-Whip)
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- the remainder of the container of Coco Whip (or Cool-Whip)
- raspberries and blueberries for on top
- Place the cookies in the food processor and grind up until they resemble coarse crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until mixed together.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom and sides of a 10-inch tart pan. Use your hands to press it down firmly.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ½ cup of cream cheese, ½ cup of sifted confectioner's sugar, and ½ cup of whipped topping. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie crust.
- Top with the remaining whipped topping and use a spatula to smooth it out.
- Arrange the berries on top in the design of your choice.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Do you have any patriotic desserts on the menu this weekend?