Chewy, delicious oatmeal cookies have a surprising addition – fresh strawberries! These strawberry oatmeal cookies are sure to become a new favorite.
You love oatmeal cookies, and you also love strawberry shortcake. What’s the best way to enjoy those two flavors? Strawberry oatmeal cookies, of course!
These cookies are tender, chewy, sweet, and have the delicious summer flavor of strawberries inside. They are bursting with fresh berry goodness. Plus, the strawberries add a beautiful pop of color!
You may associate berries + oatmeal with muffins, but you’ll be surprised at how well berries work in cookies. The fresher and sweeter the strawberries, the better (obviously) but that shouldn’t be a problem because we are right in the middle of strawberry season.
You don’t want to overbake these strawberry oatmeal cookies – they need to be nice and chewy. Bake them just until golden brown and they’ll be perfect!
These strawberry oatmeal cookies are:
- chewy and flavorful
- the perfect summer cookie recipe
- gluten free, vegan, and top 8 allergen free
Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies.
- ½ cup vegan buttery spread
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flax seed meal
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend King Arthur or Namaste works well
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups certified gluten free whole oats
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
In a small bowl or mug, make the flax egg: mix the water and flax meal together and let it sit for 5 minutes until it forms a gel.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the flax egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
Add the gluten free flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
Stop the mixer and stir in the oats. Once combined, gently stir in the strawberries. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool fully on the cookie sheet.
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Decadent Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding. - July 24, 2017
- Vegan KFC Copycat Coleslaw. - July 17, 2017
- First Birthday Smash Cake (Gluten Free, Allergy Friendly). - July 12, 2017