Boo…so I was in a car accident Tuesday night.
Nothing major, thankfully! I was stopped at a red light, and this woman just rammed into me. It was quite shocking, actually…I was just thinking about the two birthday parties we are having this weekend, and then all of the sudden…BOOM! I was so shocked.
The car needs some work, obviously, and I am a little bit sore, but so thankful it wasn’t a major accident. And I’m especially grateful that I was alone! It would have been very scary for the boys had they been with me.
Anyway, I’ve been taking it easy here, and I thought this would be a good time to share a very fun recipe that’s perfect for those days when you need a little treat.
It’s a…microwave pizookie! A single serving deep dish chocolate chip cookie.
Now, if you haven’t had a pizookie before, then you are missing out! There’s nothing like a warm, melty, deep dish chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream. I made a larger, oven-baked version here.
It’s so easy to make this version in the microwave though, and it’s equally delicious. I used a small ceramic dish that is four inches across, but you could definitely use a mug or ramekin that is three inches across. It may take a few extra seconds to cook, but there really won’t be much difference.
As far as my recommended cooking time goes…your microwave may be different. There are two things to remember here: do NOT try to cook this dessert using full power, and do NOT walk away from the microwave the first time you try it.
It’s only a minute – just hang out and keep an eye on it. If it looks like it may be done, stop the microwave and check. Mug cakes and cookies can get too done and turn hard as a rock if you aren’t careful.
- 2½ Tablespoons sugar
- 3¾ Tablespoons Gluten Free Flour Blend (I used Bob's Red Mill, but other brands should work, too!)
- 1/16 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1¼ Tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- 2½ Tablespoons dairy free chocolate chips
- Mix the applesauce, vanilla extract, and vegan buttery spread in a small bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients, stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips, stir again.
- Spoon the mixture into a ramekin or mug, and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Microwave for 60 seconds on 70% power. (Your cooking time may vary, all microwaves are different).
- Enjoy plain or topped with non-dairy vanilla ice cream and melted chocolate chips.
There you go! You’re just a minute away from a gooey, deep dish cookie for one.
And of course, you can experiment with what works for your dietary needs! Regular flour will work, regular butter will work, and you could probably use almond meal if that’s your preference. Customize this easy dessert to fit your needs.
If you’re looking for an easy chocolate mug cake, be sure to check out this post.