Creamy dairy free tomato soup is just the thing to warm up with on a cold day!
So, although we had a lovely Christmas over here, one little detail happened that was not my favorite. I woke up with a Christmas cold. Boo. It was a bit miserable actually…a super sore throat and a serious headache. It’s been a long time since I’ve been sick, and I forgot how awful it is!
But some nice hot tea and creamy dairy free tomato soup has helped me get back on the road to wellness here.
This creamy dairy free tomato soup is soooo ridiculously easy, and it’s very comforting and tasty. It would be perfect alongside a dairy free grilled cheese, or with some toast or crackers. And take note of the cute little teacups…those were gifts from Darryl. Didn’t he do a good job? :)
I used to love Campbell’s tomato soup when I was younger. There was just something about the flavor and consistency that I really liked. This version has that same creamy texture, but I think the flavor is much better. It’s a nice rich tomato flavor that’s not bland or muddled with additives.
Creamy Dairy Free Tomato Soup.
- 30 ounces organic tomato sauce
- 2 cups full fat canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- sliced green onions for garnish
Put the organic tomato sauce and the coconut milk in a pan and whisk together over medium heat.
Add the sugar and spices and stir well.
Cook until the soup is heated through. Do not boil.
Serve topped with green onions and more salt and pepper if desired.
How was your Christmas? Have you been staying healthy?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Decadent Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding. - July 24, 2017
- Vegan KFC Copycat Coleslaw. - July 17, 2017
- First Birthday Smash Cake (Gluten Free, Allergy Friendly). - July 12, 2017