Potatoes – my favorite comfort food.
I mean, I have a lot of favorite foods, but if I’m feeling under the weather, or tired, or it’s freezing cold outside…potatoes are what I turn to. They’re just so nice and comforting and warm and cozy. Potato soup, mashed potatoes, oven roasted french fries, or my current favorite, these oven roasted potatoes with rosemary and garlic.
These are so easy to make, and so delicious! Lots of garlic and rosemary give these potatoes a wonderful flavor.
I peeled these, because I have little ones over here who are NOT fans of leaving the peel on, but you could leave these unpeeled and the prep time would be even faster. Just make sure that you scrub the skins well if you choose to leave the peel on.
These will still get crispy even without the skins. It’s important to stir them about halfway through the cooking time so that they roast evenly.
I used a fair amount of garlic, and I thought it was perfect. I can never get enough garlic! :) Feel free to use more or less if you wish according to your taste. And if you don’t have fresh rosemary, you can use dried – just use less, maybe about 1 1/2 teaspoons. I like the fresh rosemary better because it isn’t crunchy, and I think that it’s more fragrant, but dried will do the trick in a pinch!
I used Yukon Golds this time around, but I’ve also made this using red skin potatoes. Either way, these are delicious! This is a perfect side dish for a Sunday or holiday dinner, but it’s also easy enough to serve on a busy weeknight. And I think we can all use some comforting, easy meals at this time of year!
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, diced small (you can peel them if you wish)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the diced potatoes, olive oil, minced garlic, 1 Tablespoon of rosemary, and salt in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Spread the potatoes on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes. Stir the potatoes after about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the rest of the rosemary and season with more salt and pepper as needed,