Garlic rosemary roasted potatoes are comfort food at its simplest and most delicious! Crispy edges, tender insides, and lots of flavor from fresh garlic make these extra special. These potatoes are the perfect side dish for chicken, beef, or fish.
Mmmm…potatoes…a favorite comfort food. And so versatile, too!
I mean, I have a lot of favorite foods, but if I’m feeling under the weather, or tired, or it’s freezing cold outside…potato recipes are what I turn to. They’re just so nice and comforting and warm and cozy.
These are so easy to make, and so delicious! Lots of garlic and rosemary give these potatoes a wonderful flavor. Roasting potatoes with some salt, pepper, and oil is delicious, but when you add something extra, they’re even better. Lemon roasted potatoes and oven baked seasoned potatoes are the perfect example.
Choosing the Right Potatoes
I love to use Yukon Gold potatoes, because they have such a nice flavor, and they roast up really nicely with crispy edges and a creamy inside.
You could also use red skin potatoes – those would also work well.
Preparing the Potatoes
I peeled these, because I have little ones over here who are NOT fans of leaving the peel on, but you could leave these unpeeled and the prep time would be even faster. Just make sure that you scrub the skins well if you choose to leave the peel on.
Tips for Success
- It’s important to stir these about halfway through the cooking time so that they roast evenly. These roasted potatoes will still get crispy even without the skins.
- Line the pan with parchment so that the potatoes don’t stick to the pan.
- I used a fair amount of garlic, and I thought it was perfect. I can never get enough garlic! :) Feel free to use more or less if you wish according to your taste.
- If you don’t have fresh rosemary, you can use dried – just use less, maybe about 1 ½ teaspoons. I like the fresh rosemary better because it isn’t crunchy, and I think that it’s more fragrant, but dried will do the trick in a pinch!
Step by Step Instructions
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Toss with olive oil, garlic, and rosemary. Place on parchment lined rimmed cookie sheets
- Roast at 450 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Garlic Rosemary Roasted Potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the diced potatoes, olive oil, minced garlic, 1 Tablespoon of rosemary, and salt in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Spread the potatoes on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes. Stir the potatoes after about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the rest of the rosemary and season with more salt and pepper as needed,
This post was originally posted in December 2015. It has been updated.