This extra creamy vegan chocolate ice cream is made with just five ingredients! Perfect for a hot summer day.
We’ve been having the BEST time with my new ice cream maker! I’m so glad that the boys decided to get it for me for Mother’s Day. I love making up new flavors…seriously, this blog could just become an ice cream only blog for the next couple of months. ;)
Since chocolate is kind of a universal favorite, I decided that I’d have to experiment and come up with a great recipe for vegan chocolate ice cream. This one is SO simple – just five ingredients, and there’s no heating or cooling of the ingredients. It’s so easy – just mix it up, pour it in the ice cream maker, and you’ll have delicious chocolate ice cream about 20 minutes later!
I have this ice cream maker (affiliate link), and I love it. I store the bowl in the freezer, and it’s ready to go whenever I want to make ice cream. If your ice cream maker is different, the amount of time required to make the ice cream may vary.
- 2 containers So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk*
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ Tablespoon vanilla extract
- good pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the ingredients into the ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Enjoy immediately! If you plan to store it in the freezer, it will become quite hard. You will need to thaw it for at least 15 minutes before serving.
This vegan chocolate ice cream is:
- creamy and rich
- ultra chocolatey
- easy to make
- perfect for a hot summer’s day!