Five ingredient turkey chili is hearty and filling, and packs a flavorful punch even with the short ingredient list!
Some days are so hectic and crazy, you just can’t deal with a complex recipe at the end of the day. Even your standard chili recipe might be a bit too much! You need something simple, something with just a few ingredients, but still loaded with flavor and spice. This simple, five ingredient turkey chili is the perfect solution.
It’s packed with protein from the ground turkey and the garbanzo beans, and there’s plenty of spice from the Ro-Tel Tomatoes. You can use any brand of chili ready tomatoes that you want, the Ro-Tel brand just has the level of spice that I was looking for with this recipe. If it’s not spicy enough for you, then just add hot sauce to taste.
This 5 ingredient turkey chili just requires one pot, minimal preparation, and comes together in about 30 minutes. It’s a quick and easy dinner for busy week nights.
5 Ingredient Turkey Chili.
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1.5 pounds ground turkey
- 30 ounces tomatoes with green chiles
- 30 ounces garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chopped onions and ground turkey in a large soup pot, and cook over medium heat.
- Cook until turkey is browned and cooked through. Drain out any excess grease.
- Add the garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and cumin. Stir. Add about ¾ cup water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes to let the flavors come together.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve topped with avocado, cilantro, tortilla chips, or salsa.
What easy meals have you been making lately? Are you a fan of spicy food?