Pasta with creamy kale sauce is comforting, tasty, and easy to make. This recipe is delicious, healthy, and dairy free.
Remember last week when I said that I was trying to drink more smoothies in 2015? Well, another thing that I’m trying to do is eat more kale. I know, kale is old news, right? Everyone loves it.
Well, so far, I have not really loved kale. I can tolerate it just fine, it’s okay, but I really want to love it. I know it’s great for me, and great for my family, so I want to find more ways to incorporate it into our diet around here.
So far, I’ve tried it in two new recipes, and I’m happy to say that I do indeed love it in these recipes! I’m going to keep trying it, and pretty soon kale will be my new spinach! :)
I took some kale and combined it with onions and garlic, and then added some vegan cheese and coconut milk. Once everything cooked, I pureed the sauce with an immersion blender and then tossed it with gluten free pasta. It was so easy to make and so delicious! I was surprised that even Baby Bee loved this dish. (He is a little bit picky about what he’ll eat, but he loved this).
This pasta with creamy kale sauce is delicious and comforting, and perfect for the bitterly cold days that we’ve been having here. If you’re not normally a kale fan, I’d encourage you to try this pasta out! I think you’ll love it.
This pasta with creamy kale sauce is:
- delicious and easy to make
- a great way to eat more kale
- gluten free and vegan
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Pasta with Creamy Kale Sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large pot, cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the kale, and cook until heated through. Once the kale is cooked, add the Daiya cheese, coconut milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- Remove pot from heat. Puree the sauce until smooth using an immersion blender.
- Add the cooked pasta to the kale sauce, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Of course if you are not dairy free, feel free to use dairy cheese and milk. You can also use any non-dairy milk that works with your diet.
So, what are your feelings on kale? Love it, hate it? Or just so-so?