Make a simple and comforting bean vegetable soup in your slow cooker on a chilly afternoon. This cozy soup is easy to make and perfect with fresh biscuits or cornbread for a tasty lunch or dinner.
In the cold, wintry months, I find that I often turn to soup for a delicious lunch or dinner.
When you have a busy week, it’s nice to utilize the slow cooker to help get dinner on the table. A hearty slow cooker bean vegetable soup is just the thing to make on a cold day.
This easy recipe uses simple ingredients and is naturally gluten free and free of the top allergens. I think you’ll find this is a good recipe to make when you’re short on time!
White beans, potatoes, carrots, onions, peppers, and broth make a simple and filling soup. Using the slow cooker allows all the flavors to blend together, resulting in a comforting vegetable soup that your family will love. Enjoy this recipe with fresh bread, biscuits, or muffins.
Stove Top Instructions
You can make this soup on the stove if you like. Just place the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for at least 40 minutes. The flavor will be better and the vegetables more tender if you use the slow cooker.
Feel free to be creative with this recipe! You can add mushrooms, corn, cabbage, sweet potatoes, peas, or green beans. You can even add some ham or shredded chicken to this recipe for more protein if you like.
If you like bacon, add some cooked and crumbled bacon to each bowl before serving.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Bean Vegetable Soup.
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- ½ cup red pepper finely chopped
- ½ cup green pepper finely chopped
- 2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and diced
- 28 ounces canned Navy beans
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 32 ounces chicken broth or vegetable broth
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- cooked bacon optional topping
- Place the olive oil and vegetables in a 4 or 6 quart slow cooker.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the spices, tomato paste, broth, and water, and stir.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6 hours.
- Stir in the red wine vinegar. Taste the soup and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Use an immersion blender to slightly blend part of the soup. You just want to break up the beans a little bit. You could also use a potato masher if you prefer.
- Serve topped with crumbled bacon, chopped green onion, or crackers.