These vegan and grain free chocolate chip cookies are made with almond meal for a nice chewy texture. You’ll love these delicious cookies with a cup of tea or a glass of dairy free milk.
Who doesn’t love a good chocolate chip cookie?
This is a simple recipe that’s chewy and delicious. Almond meal makes a great base for these cookies – it’s gluten free, grain free, and creates a nice texture that’s chewy and moist.
If you can’t do tree nuts, try coconut flour, oat flour, or a gluten free flour blend. You could also try making these with a seed flour by grinding up pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
- almond meal
- mashed banana
- ground flax seed
- vegan buttery spread
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- dairy free chocolate chips
- Almond Meal – If you are allergic to peanuts or other tree nuts, Barney brand almond meal and almond flour is made in an almond only facility.
- Vegan Buttery Spread – We like Soy Free Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Spread. You can use a different brand if you have one that works better for your dietary needs. You could also use coconut oil if you like.
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips – Both Enjoy Life and PASCHA Chocolate make delicious chocolate baking chips that are allergy friendly.
Step by Step Instructions
- Melt the vegan buttery spread, then add the mashed banana, flax egg, and sugar. Stir well, then add the dry ingredients and stir again.
2. Spoon the cookie dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets, leaving about an inch or so between them.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet before moving them.
- If you can’t do banana, try a half cup of applesauce instead.
- You can use coconut oil instead of vegan buttery spread if you like.
- Oat flour or coconut flour can be used instead of almond meal, but the texture will be a little different.
Store leftover cookies in an airtight container. They should stay fresh for up to 5 days. You could also freeze these cookies. Just wrap in waxed paper and place in a freezer bag, then freeze for up to 3 months.
More Cookie Recipes
- Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
- Grain Free Chocolate Coconut Thumbprints
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Make a batch of these delicious, chewy, tasty grain free chocolate chip cookies. You will love the flavor of these easy treats!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Make the egg replacer: combine the flax seed meal and water in small cup and let it sit for a few minutes until it gels up.
Place the vegan buttery spread in a microwave safe mixing bowl, and microwave for about 30 seconds until melted.
Add the flax egg, mashed banana, and sugar to the melted vegan butter, and stir well.
Add the almond meal, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the mixture and stir well. Add the chocolate chips and stir again.
Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the parchment lined cookie sheets. Leave about an inch and a half between cookies. Bake at 350 degrees F for 16-20 minutes.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet, they will firm up more as they cool down. Store in an airtight container.
Store leftover cookies in an airtight container. They should stay fresh for about 5 days.
If you can’t have almond meal, you can try this recipe with coconut flour or oat flour.