This cheesy pasta dish comes together in a flash and is a tasty meal that everyone loves!
Since St. Patrick’s Day is just about a week away, I thought I should share a green dish! No green eggs and ham – just some easy, cheesy noodles that get their green color from fresh spinach.
I know I’ve mentioned that macaroni and cheese is always a favorite over here – my oldest son loves the classic orange mac and cheese. I’ve recently started making a white sauce with fresh spinach blended in, and I’m happy to report that it’s a big hit! He loves it just as much as the classic recipe.
This is super simple to make – you simply add fresh spinach to the cheesy sauce, and then blend it all up with an immersion blender. Once the sauce is ready, add your hot pasta, stir, and serve! This flavorful pasta is also really delicious with the addition of grilled chicken.
- one 12 ounce box gluten free penne
- 3 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- 3 cups Daiya mozzarella shreds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ cups non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ teaspoon pepper
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, make the sauce. Melt the vegan buttery spread in a large pot. Add the Daiya cheese mozzarella shreds, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and non-dairy milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring often.
- Once the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth, add the spinach. Stir until the spinach wilts.
- Remove the pan from the heat and blend the sauce using an immersion blender.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the cheesy sauce. Stir well to coat. Season with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
What easy meals have you been making lately?