Creamy and comforting lentil wild rice mushroom soup made in the slow cooker – it doesn’t get any cozier that this!
We had the coziest day here yesterday. It was snowing so peacefully outside, and we had such a pretty view out our window of the large flakes drifting down. It felt nice to be snug inside with my boys, playing games and relaxing.
Days like that are perfect for having a comforting meal cooking in the slow cooker. This lentil wild rice mushroom soup is just right for an easy, warming meal on a cold winter day. This soup is full of hearty goodness from lentils, wild rice, and my favorite – mushrooms! Coconut cream makes this soup extra delicious. And don’t worry – this soup doesn’t taste like coconuts. The coconut cream just blends in nicely with all the savory flavors.
Creamy Lentil Wild Rice Mushroom Soup.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup green lentils picked over and rinsed
- 16 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 32 ounces chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion, and shredded carrots in the slow cooker. Stir to coat the vegetables with olive oil.
- Add the lentils, mushrooms, wild rice, broth, water, coconut cream, and spices.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. Check the liquid level halfway through cooking time and add more liquid if needed.
- Season with more salt and pepper before serving if desired.
This mushroom soup goes very well with homemade crackers or fresh bread.
Enjoy your weekend! I hope it’s filled with delicious food and time to relax.