Need a quick snack in the middle of the day? These no-bake coconut chocolate energy bites are the perfect pick me up!
Some things are just meant to be together, right? Peanut butter and jelly. Spaghetti and meatballs. Netflix and pizza. And perhaps my all-time favorite combo…coconut and chocolate.
Truthfully, chocolate goes so well with so many ingredients, but there’s just something extra delicious about coconut and chocolate. Maybe it goes back to my childhood love of Mounds bars, but I just can’t say no to a dessert with these two ingredients.
These little bites took about five minutes to whip up. I love to make a batch of these and then store them in the fridge – that way, when I need a little something sweet, I can grab one (or two!) of these. And since they contain healthy ingredients like coconut and hemp seeds, they give me a little energy without a big sugar crash.
I rolled these in coconut because they look prettier, and you just can’t have too much coconut in my opinion, but if you’re short on time, you can skip this step and just keep them simple.
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- ⅔ cup hemp seed hearts
- ½ cup coconut flour or unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes for rolling
- Place the dates, hemp seed hearts, coconut flour, and cocoa powder in a food processor, and pulse until the dates are chopped and everything is combined.
- Add the maple syrup and process until a thick dough is formed.
- Roll the mixture into one inch balls.
- Put the coconut flakes into a bowl and roll the balls in it to coat.
- Store energy bites in the refrigerator.
These coconut chocolate energy bites are:
- perfect for an after workout snack
- easy to make
- a great snack to pack for a road trip
- naturally gluten free, grain free, and vegan
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Simply Delicious Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. - February 23, 2017
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017