Chocolate zucchini donuts are a perfect way to sneak some veggies into your dessert! These are light and fluffy – a delicious baked donut recipe!
I feel like we’re getting in a summer groove over here…play outside, read, read, read, and figure out what to do with the million zucchini and tomatoes that we have coming in everyday.
There’s been a lot of baking going on…lots and lots of zucchini shredding, and lots of mixing of batters for breads, brownies, and donuts. There’s a few zucchini recipes headed your way this week and next!
These chocolate zucchini donuts weren’t really planned, but the boys have been requesting donuts lately. With the surplus of zucchini, I thought, why not just throw some zucchini in the donut batter? Who would know?
The answer is, of course no one was the wiser, and the zucchini kept these donuts from being too dry. They were just right! I hope you love these – if you have extra zucchini at your house, give them a try!
Chocolate Zucchini Donuts.
- ⅙ cup organic canola oil
- ⅓ cup non-dairy milk of your choice I used coconut milk
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini squeeze to remove excess liquid
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cups whole spelt flour If you need it to be gluten free, use the GF flour blend of your choice - King Arthur's gluten free blend works well
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar or regular sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons dairy free mini chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a non-stick donut pan.
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the organic canola oil, shredded zucchini, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, and non-dairy milk. Stir well.
Spoon the batter into the greased donut pan. Sprinkle the dairy free mini chocolate chips on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Let the donuts cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn pan over onto a cookie sheet and gently tap to remove donuts. Enjoy!
These chocolate zucchini donuts are:
- delicious and chocolatey
- vegan, with a gluten free option
- a perfect baked dessert or snack
- easy to make in a hurry!
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Tasty Delicata Squash Taco Boats. - September 18, 2017
- Grain Free Coconut Porridge. - September 13, 2017
- Gluten Free Banana Cake with Decadent Chocolate Buttercream. - August 31, 2017