This crockpot corn potato soup is easy to make and the perfect soup to enjoy this weekend! This is a simple soup that’s just right for a chilly day. Serve this with some egg free biscuits or homemade crackers.
When the fall weather hits, I pretty much want soup all the time. Am I the only one?
We eat a lot of soup around here, because it’s quick and easy to make, and it’s a nice way to warm up on a cold evening. Some of our favorites include sweet potato rice soup, lentil sausage soup, and vegan black bean soup.
Now we have another favorite to add to the list – this crockpot potato corn soup. This is such a simple soup, but it has a lot of flavor. We like to add ham to this soup, so this is a great recipe to make when you have a lot of leftover holiday ham.
If you want to make this corn potato soup vegan, leave the ham out (of course), and you may want to add a bit more salt. I’ve made it without ham and it turns out really well – it’s still a very comforting and tasty soup.
What kind of potatoes should I use in this recipe?
I love Yukon Gold potatoes – they have a wonderful flavor and texture. If you don’t have Yukon Golds, you can try redskin potatoes – those should work well, too.
Can I make this on the stove?
Yes, you can make this on the stove if you prefer. Just add everything to a soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until the potatoes are tender – about 20-25 minutes or so.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Crockpot Corn Potato Soup.
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 5 large potatoes I prefer Yukon Golds, but you can use any type, peeled and diced
- 12 ounces frozen corn kernels.
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 32 ounces chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- fresh cilantro or parsley for serving.
- Place the olive oil and the chopped onions in the crockpot. Turn the crockpot to low heat.
- While the onions warm in the olive oil, peel and dice the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes, corn, carrots, broth, ham, and spices to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for four hours or until potatoes are tender. If the liquid gets too low, add some water.
- Add more salt or pepper according to your taste,
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley if desired.
This post is part of my series: 31 Days of Gluten, Dairy, and Egg Free Soups, Salads, Sides & Sweets.