Pineapple nice cream is a sweet treat that just about everyone can enjoy on a hot day! This recipe is vegan, dairy free, and so refreshing. Blend up a batch in just minutes with this simple recipe.
When you went dairy free, what was something you missed? Cheese? Milkshakes? Ice cream?
Sure, there are lots of great flavors of dairy free ice cream available, but there’s also a really simple way to make this frozen treat at home, without any extra sweeteners or other additives.
Have you heard of nice cream? There are a couple of easy recipes on my site – this blueberry nice cream and this chocolate banana ice cream. It’s such an easy way to enjoy ice cream without any dairy, nuts, or coconut.
Nice cream is ice cream made with a base of frozen bananas in the food processor. The frozen banana slices become super creamy and delicious once they are processed.
You can add all kinds of other fruits and other ingredients to the banana base to make many different flavors of this frozen dessert.
It’s also possible to make this recipe in a high-powered blender like a Vitamix, but if you don’t have that, a food processor works really well.
When you first start blending the bananas or other fruit up, it will be super loud, and then the bananas will start to break down. They will become little ice pellets, and then they will slowly start to come together and become creamy.
Be patient, and in a few minutes you will have a delicious, flavorful batch of pineapple nice cream!
- Bananas – you will need to slice the bananas and freeze them well in advance of when you want to make this recipe.
- Pineapple – I recommend using a ripe, fresh pineapple for the best flavor. You will need to freeze the pineapple pieces ahead of time, so that they are frozen solid before you want to make this dessert.
Step by Step Instructions
- Place the frozen banana slices and pineapple chunks in a food processor.
- Process on high speed, and after about 30 seconds, the fruit will look like this:
- Continue to process on high, and the fruit will start to become creamier. It will look like this:
- After you have processed the mixture for a couple of minutes, it should be very smooth and creamy, like soft serve ice cream.
- Spoon the nice cream into individual bowls and top with coconut flakes if desired. Enjoy!
This is best eaten right after making it, but it can be frozen for up to two months. I find that when you freeze nice cream, it gets very hard, because it’s made entirely of fruit. If you freeze the leftovers, you will have to let them thaw for a bit before enjoying.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Pineapple Nice Cream (Dairy Free, Vegan).
- 2 cups frozen banana slices
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 2 Tablespoons toasted coconut optional
- Place the frozen bananas and frozen pineapple in the food processor and blend on high speed until it becomes creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl a couple of times.
- It will take a few minutes, so be patient! Top your nice cream with toasted coconut or any other toppings you desire!