No ice cream in the house? Make your own! Peaches and bananas blend together to make a delicious peach nice cream. This fruity dessert is perfect for vegans and non-vegans.
Summer is here, and that means it’s time for refreshing desserts! What are some of your favorites?
Nice cream is simply ice cream that’s blended from frozen bananas or other fruits. We love it because it’s delicious, and it’s a great way to get some extra fruit into your diet. Kids and adults love it.
What fruits work best for nice cream?
Bananas are a great choice, because if you blend frozen bananas, they become very creamy. If you can’t eat bananas, you can try doing different frozen fruits and adding some chilled coconut cream to add creaminess.
Do I need a Vitamix to make nice cream?
No! I made this peach nice cream in my food processor. I don’t recommend trying to blend it in a blender, unless it is a very powerful one like a Vitamix. However, a food processor works very well! The large blade makes blending frozen fruit easy.
Can you store this in the freezer?
When we make this, we usually eat it immediately. Everyone loves it, so no need to store it! :)
I think the quality is best when it is first made, because the texture is very similar to soft serve ice cream. If you need to freeze it, you can try that, but it will get very hard when frozen. You will need to thaw it somewhat before serving.
Does this recipe need any extra sweetener?
I used frozen peaches, and for that reason, I used a tablespoon of maple syrup. The frozen peaches were too tart. If you have fresh peaches, and freeze them when they are at their peak, they may be sweet enough that you don’t need any extra sweetener.
How to make peach nice cream:
- Place frozen sliced bananas and peaches in the food processor.
- Start processing – they will start to break down.
- The frozen fruit will resemble pea sized pieces.
- Keep processing until the fruits become very smooth and creamy.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Peach Nice Cream.
- 2 bananas cut into coins and frozen
- 2 cups sliced peaches frozen
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Place the frozen bananas, peaches, and the maple syrup in a food processor. Set aside for about 5 minutes to thaw just a little bit.
- Start processing - I like to use the pulse function. The fruit will start to break into pieces. As you keep processing, it will become super small little pellets, and then it will start to come together.
- Keep processing until the nice cream is very smooth and creamy. It will resemble soft serve.
- Serve immediately.