This quinoa dill salad is a great addition to any picnic or party. Full of fresh flavors from a lemon dressing and fresh dill, this is sure to please.
Hello! How was Easter weekend? Busy? Fun? Ham-filled? :)
Ours was all three. We had an egg hunt in the yard, and Baby Bee got his first pair of ‘real’ shoes (he’s just barely a size 4! so cute), and we seemed to consume a lot of ham on Sunday and Monday.
Easter dinner was at my parent’s house, and I brought a vegan chocolate cream pie, and also this quinoa salad. Both were so good! I was nervous about the pie because I’d never made it before, and I was making pudding with almond milk and arrowroot powder to accommodate our food sensitivities,but it turned out really well!
I’ve made this salad of Summer’s before, using her exact recipe, and it is so good and fresh tasting. This time I changed it, I was just in the mood for dill and green onion. Here is my version.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Quinoa Dill Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup fresh dill
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots sliced thin
For the dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse your quinoa thoroughly and put in a pan with one cup water. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and let simmer 15-20 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooling, chop dill, green onions and carrots. Combine dressing ingredients in the bottom of your serving dish and whisk.
- Add veggies and quinoa and stir. Add more seasoning as needed. Enjoy at room temperature or cold.
adapted from Summer Harms