This easy roasted cauliflower is full of cheesy, savory flavor. It’s a perfect vegan and gluten free side dish recipe!
Yesterday was spent running around like a crazy person. A trip to the pediatrician, then a Target run, then a ton of cleaning, then another Target run to get one more thing, and then going to a high school orchestra concert to hear my student play his concerto.
It was just a whirlwind, and to be honest, it was one of those days where dinner consisted of finger foods – sliced fruit, sausages, chips, etc. And as I was trying to get this serve-yourself dinner on the table, I was just wishing that I had time for a real dinner – something like a veggie stir fry, or maybe this cheesy roasted cauliflower along with some salmon or chicken. But that will have to wait until later this week.
This roasted cauliflower couldn’t be any easier, but it does require some oven time to get it nice and golden brown. This cauliflower gets its savory, cheesy flavor from a healthy dose of nutritional yeast. That plus garlic powder and olive oil makes this side dish extra tasty – it disappears in minutes over here! I hope you love this side dish as much as we do.
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the florets off of the head of cauliflower and place them in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, then add the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown with some crisp edges.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired.