This dairy free raspberry milkshake has a secret – a healthy ingredient that helps give it a pretty pink color!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by White Wave Foods. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s the end of January…how are you doing so far? Did you make any resolutions? Are you trying to make healthier choices, or be more organized, or wear more polka dots? :)
If you’re trying to be a little healthier this year, then this is the milkshake recipe for you. Maybe you’ve tried to lighten up on the sweets after a really decadent holiday season. Or maybe you just want to make your kiddos a milkshake and sneak in some fruit and veggies.
Yes, that’s right, this pretty pink milkshake has a hidden vegetable inside! This raspberry milkshake is hiding beets – and you can’t taste them at all. Raspberries and beets combine with So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage and So Delicious Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert.
One of the best places to find dairy free, gluten free, and allergy friendly ingredients is your local Kroger Store. The Kroger Natural Foods Department has a wide selection of So Delicious dairy free milk, yogurt, and frozen desserts, gluten free flours, cookies, and snacks, and many other allergy friendly items.
It’s nice to be able to find so many ingredients and brands that are free from allergens at Kroger, and at a great price, too (look at all those sale tags)! You can find your favorite gluten and dairy free products as well as other natural ingredients in the Natural Foods Department – you’ll be ready to make your favorite allergy friendly recipes in no time.
Whether you want to enjoy this pretty pink shake yourself, or you’re planning to make it for your family, you’ll be surprised at the way the beets blend in with the sweet berry vanilla flavor. This raspberry milkshake would be the perfect lighter dairy free dessert for Valentine’s Day, too. A sweet treat is welcome on any day, and you can feel good about eating some extra veggies and fruit with your dessert!
- 1 pint So Delicious Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
- 1¼ cups So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup cooked beets* (drained and cooled)
- Remove the So Delicious Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert from the freezer and let it soften for about 10 minutes.
- Once the frozen dessert is slightly soft, place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Immediately pour into glasses and top with more raspberries if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of WhiteWave Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce. - February 6, 2017