Easy brown sugar glazed carrots are a perfect side dish for a holiday meal. Gluten free and dairy free recipe.
Are you thinking about Thanksgiving yet? Yes? Maybe? Too soon?
I’ve started to think about it a little bit, because it never hurts to plan ahead, right? And the month leading up to it is hectic for us…we have our anniversary, Halloween, and my son’s birthday. Yikes. And I don’t even have the Halloween costumes made yet!
Anyway, back to the food here. Some of the side dishes I’m sharing this month would be nice to round out your Thanksgiving meal. These easy brown sugar glazed carrots would be especially good, because they are made in one pot, and are simple to make.
It’s nice to have a couple of dishes that are not complicated for a big holiday meal. Even though these are easy, the flavor is wonderful…I love a little bit of buttery, sweet glaze on carrots.
Plus, these brown sugar glazed carrots look pretty – I love to see some pops of color on the Thanksgiving table! You can use brown sugar or coconut sugar if that’s your preference. You may want to add half of the sugar at a time and adjust the amount according to your taste.
These brown sugar glazed carrots would be perfect for:
- serving alongside pork tenderloin
- a Sunday dinner with family
- serving with a holiday meal
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Glazed Carrots.
- 16 ounces frozen carrot coins
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread or regular butter
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Melt the buttery spread in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the carrots and cook until hot.
- Add the sugar and salt. Stir until sugar is melted and carrots are coated. (You may want to add half the sugar and then adjust the amount according to your taste).
- Serve with more salt if desired.
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?
This post is part of my series: 31 Days of Gluten, Dairy, and Egg Free Soups, Salads, Sides & Sweets.