In need of a simple weeknight meal? This slow cooker taco chicken is super easy and so delicious! Serve it with taco shells, tortilla chips, or inside of burritos.
Sometimes you just need a super easy, hands-off meal. But of course you want it to be super tasty, too…something the whole family will eat and love. This slow cooker taco chicken is just the recipe you’ve been looking for.
It’s so easy – you just put the ingredients in the slow cooker, turn it on, and walk away. After several hours, you will have flavorful, juicy, delicious chicken to put inside tacos or quesadillas, or to serve over rice or chips.
This is a simple recipe, but the result is delicious.
The blend of spices I use in this recipe is similar to my homemade gluten free taco seasoning, which I always like to keep on hand in my pantry.
This recipe makes a fair amount of chicken, so it’s perfect for serving at a party or potluck. Or if you’re serving it to your family, you will have leftovers, which is always nice.
What to serve with this crockpot Mexican chicken:
This slow cooker taco chicken is:
- gluten free and free of the top 8 allergens
- perfect for busy weeks
- family friendly – kids love this chicken in tacos or even plain
When you’re headed into a busy season, it’s good to have a few easy slow cooker meals at the ready!
More allergy friendly slow cooker meals:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Taco Chicken.
- fresh cilantro optional
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved (optional)
- Drizzle the olive oil in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the boneless, skinless chicken thighs and sliced onions in the slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, water, and all the spices. Stir. Place the cover on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 7-8 hours.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Garnish with the cherry tomatoes and fresh cilantro.
- Serve in taco shells or over tortilla chips with your choice of toppings.