Simple and healthy slow cooker minestrone soup is such an easy meal. This gluten free and vegan soup is the perfect way to warm up this winter.
There’s nothing like a warm and cozy bowl of soup when you’re under the weather, is there? If you’re tired and run down, or suffering from a cold, a bowl of soup is the perfect remedy. This slow cooker minestrone soup is just right for those days when you don’t feel great – it’s soothing, full of nutrients, and very low maintenance.
As I mentioned on Monday, we have been having a rough time over here. This cold is just making its way through our family one person at a time. And it’s leaving us a bit tired and crabby. It’s times like these that I’m grateful for the slow cooker! I can just throw everything inside and forget about it. A few hours later, dinner is served.
I added some kale to this minestrone soup because I’m always trying to find ways to get us to eat more greens over here. You could use spinach instead if you prefer.
I think you’ll love this slow cooker minestrone soup. It’s:
- full of beans and vegetables, so it has lots of fiber
- very warming and hearty on a cold day
- naturally vegan and gluten free
Easy Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup carrots sliced or shredded
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces tri-color bean medley drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh curly kale torn into small pieces
- 1 cup frozen green beans
Place the olive oil, chopped onion, and minced garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker and set it to high.
Add the carrots, garbanzo beans, tri-color beans, fire roasted tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and broth. Stir and put the cover on.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6 hours.
minutes before you want to serve the soup, add the curly kale and the frozen green beans. Stir and put the cover back on and cook the soup for 30 minutes.
Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
This is a great meal to make if you’re having an especially busy week, too. It’s so simple, with almost no prep time, and it’s filled with healthy veggies to keep you going when you’re stressed out.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes? Try this slow cooker sweet potato wild rice soup.
What have you been making in the slow cooker lately?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Tasty Delicata Squash Taco Boats. - September 18, 2017
- Grain Free Coconut Porridge. - September 13, 2017
- Gluten Free Banana Cake with Decadent Chocolate Buttercream. - August 31, 2017