A simple vegan pizza recipe that your whole family will love! A fluffy crust with sauce, dairy free cheese, and lots of veggies, this is an easy vegan recipe that’s fun to eat!
Is your family like mine? Do they love pizza? Like, never ever get tired of it, and ask for it once a week?
This is the case at our house. We’re a family of pizza lovers. So you can imagine my dilemma when I had to cut out dairy. What to do?
Once I found out that Daiya mozzarella shreds work really well for vegan pizza, we were all set! Back to our pizza eating ways.
Now, what about crust? We love this pizza crust. I found this recipe and have just adjusted it slightly over the past year. It’s so easy to throw together, and like I’ve mentioned before, spelt flour has a lot of great nutrients, and is lower in gluten (but still does have gluten, so it is not okay for those with gluten intolerance or Celiac disease!) and it works really well for our family.
What does dairy free cheese taste like?
One question that pops up from time to time is, “Is Daiya cheese good? Does it taste like cheese?” Yes, it is good. It melts like dairy cheese, and it has the same texture as melted cheese. It has a cheesy taste that is really good.
Is it exactly like dairy cheese? No, not quite. However, if you cannot have dairy, and you really want cheese, it is a wonderful product. We really like it for vegan pizza and for mac and cheese and other creamy sauces.
If you can eat dairy, still try this crust with regular cheese! It’s so good, and makes a delicious pizza, no matter what you top it with!
Is pizza dough vegan?
Pizza dough is naturally vegan, because it just consists of flour, sugar, water, salt, oil, and yeast. None of those items contain animal products.
How do you make vegan pizza dough?
- Combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast, and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and oil, and stir well.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and let it rise for at least 20 minutes.
- Once it’s risen, pat it into a pizza pan.
- Pre-bake for about 5 minutes, then add your toppings and finish baking.
Feel free to customize this easy vegan pizza recipe! Try:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
The Easiest Vegan Pizza.
Make this delicious vegan pizza crust at home and customize it with your favorite toppings!
For the crust:
For the toppings:
- marinara sauce
- Daiya dairy mozzarella shreds
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put 3/4 cup warm water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl and let sit for about 5 minutes to feed the yeast.
- Add the spelt flour, baking soda, salt, garlic powder, and olive oil and stir. If the dough seems too dry, add a little more water. Knead the dough a few times.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit for about 20 minutes in a warm place so the dough can rise.
- When it has risen, put a little oil on your hands and take the dough and stretch it to fit on your pizza pan. I have also made a rectangular pizza on a cookie sheet before, either way works. Brush a little more olive oil over the top of the crust.
- Bake the crust alone for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven, and top with marinara sauce, the Daiya cheese, and the vegetables.
- Bake at 450 degrees until the crust is golden brown on the edges and the cheese melts, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Nutrition facts are for two pieces of pizza.
Store the leftovers in the refrigerator. This pizza is best eaten within two days.
Try these vegan breadsticks to go along with this pizza for a fun appetizer!