This dairy free easy cheesy vegetable soup is sure to warm you up on a chilly winter day! Full of veggies and full of flavor!
What do you crave in the cold winter months? Comfort food, right?
Cheesy, creamy, tasty recipes that will warm you up and keep you full.
It’s been a long time since I’ve had a cheese based soup, so I thought I would try to make it with dairy free substitutions. This cheesy vegetable soup turned out to be very tasty! And it’s so incredibly simple, plus it’s a fast and easy recipe that’s perfect for busy weeks.
If you don’t need to be dairy free, you can go ahead and make this cheesy vegetable soup with regular cheese and regular milk.
If you make the rice ahead of time, this soup can be made in just 15 minutes. How’s that for a speedy meal?
Another quick and easy soup recipe is this white bean potato soup – so delicious!
Easy Cheesy Vegetable Soup.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Daiya cheddar shreds
- 4 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk I used SO Delicious brand
- 2 cups cooked rice I used Jasmine rice, you could use any white or brown rice
- 16 ounces frozen California vegetable medley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Place the chopped onion and olive oil in a large pot and cook over medium heat for about 5-4 minutes, until translucent.
Add the unsweetened coconut milk and Daiya cheddar shreds. Stir until melted and smooth.
Add the cooked rice, frozen vegetables, garlic powder, and sea salt. Cook until heated through, about 8-10 minutes.
Season with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve with a salad or crackers.
This easy cheesy vegetable soup is:
- dairy free and vegan
- gluten free and top 8 allergen free
- so comforting and satisfying
- perfect for an easy dinner or lunch
How are you holding up just four days before Christmas?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Decadent Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding. - July 24, 2017
- Vegan KFC Copycat Coleslaw. - July 17, 2017
- First Birthday Smash Cake (Gluten Free, Allergy Friendly). - July 12, 2017